Monday, April 19, 2004

I don't brag about my car, you putz
I'm busy playing computer games right now and listening to the 9 o'clock news in the background (because I like gray noise, or whatever the hell that's called).

Firstly, I'm not a big fan of the whole "Nine O'Clock News" stuff, but that's probably because of the whole born-and-raised-in-the-Eastern-Time-Zone thing.

But the real reason I'm bitching is that I just heard the meteorologist just talk about his great Doppler radar. I remember when Doppler radar systems became big (not long after that USAir crash in Pittsburgh, since Doppler can predict windshear conditions that cause planes to drop out of the sky like shiny rocks). But normally, weathermen just call the devices "radar," or, at the most, "Doppler Radar." Sometimes they'll call it "StormTracker," or "Weather Predictor," or whatever. I can understand those buzznames, since the radar can conceivably predict weather and track storms.

But Dave Murray, Fox2's meteorologist, called his toy "DX-2 Doppler." I'm sorry, but DX-2 sounds like some sort of poison gas, the kind of thing you'd see Nic Cage wrestle with on some dingy island. Or maybe you'd hear about Saddam Hussein having a DX-2 system. Mohammar Ghadaffi has one, I hear.

Seriously...change that name, Dave. It sounds like you're about to attack a subway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home