Sunday, January 27, 2008

This Banana is Loaded!


So I was picking Kirsten up today from a meeting (she's on the lay board at the Episcopal Campus Ministries), right? Anyway, her friend Rory used to call me "Car," as in, "Look, it's Car come to pick us up!"

So Kirsten repeated that when I came into the ECM building - calling me Car, not the whole identification speech. And for some reason, my mind flitted back to an old cartoon show I used to watch when I was a kid, called Turbo-Teen, where some poor teenager in a Camaro clone gets turned into a superhero. One of the characters was voiced by Pamela Hayden, who you may know from the Simpsons.

Anyway, here's the title sequence so you know what I'm talking about:



It's a real shame only 12 episodes were ever made.

And then, of course, Bananaman came up. That show was a real classic (and if I recall on the same broadcast network - maybe Nickelodeon?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home