Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wedding Singer Reference Ahead


Apparently, carnations are a "cop-out flower." Apparently, when a man purchases carnations for his ladyfriend, it's the same as saying, "I didn't bother to learn what sort of flower you really liked, so here're these pretty little doodads that cost me five bucks but I'm going to present to you as if they set me back three weeks' pay."

Nevermind that five dollars, for a Bangladeshi, really is three weeks' pay.

I really had no idea that that's what carnations meant. I sorta thought they meant, "Grok find flowers and kill them to give to you. I hit you with club now?"

But no, I was wrong.

(As an aside, I keep hearing that a man buying flowers for no reason is actually saying, "I slept with your sister." I have no idea what the best bouquet for that sort of occasion would be. Probably something with cala lillies. And a phone number for a divorce lawyer.)

Well, I guess this is lesson learned. But I suppose this is one of those things people could have told me yesterday. I probably wouldn't have heeded that advice (I actually like carnations), but at least I would have heard it.

And, for the record, I really don't know what Kirsten's favorite flower is. We've had the discussion before, and if I recall correctly, she's never really been able to settle on one.

So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home