Saturday, October 14, 2006

NFL Picks, Week 6


Not a lot of lead-in this week, other than this gem:
"The men of the square room from the Miller Lite commercials. You've got Kenny Chesney, Jerome Bettis, and Burt Reynolds, all talking while an old man writes in a blank book. It's like Gummy Bears for men."

Also, only thirteen games this week and next. Weird.

Bengals at Buccaneers: Bengals are favored, although now that third-stringer Anthony Wright has had an appendectomy, he and Chris Simms can hang out together and bitch about hospital food. CIN
Giants at Falcons: Similar teams in terms of quality and win-loss potential, but I think the dome makes a difference. ATL
Titans at Redskins: I was going to say that Vince Young looks polished and ready to go, then I remembered that rookie QBs always look good their first week because nobody's seen them, but they get beat up later because teams know what to look for. Sort of like Ryan Fitzpatrick. WAS
Texans at Cowboys: Terrell Owens and his position coach can have as many fights as they like this week. Disharmony by the Cowboys won't help the Texans. DAL
Panthers at Ravens: This is, I guess, a legitimate upset. The Ravens just didn't look all that good last week. And even if the Broncos have a good defense, they have a bad offense that still managed to hang 13 points on a pretty good Ravens defense. I know none of that made sense, and I don't care. CAR
Bills at Lions: JP Losman got the crap knocked out of him last week. Lucky for him, the Lions have crappiness to spare. BUF
Seahawks at Rams: After watching what I've seen out of the Seahawks this season, I think it'll be a struggle for them to reach the playoffs, let alone avenge their Super Bowl loss. Plus, Shawn Alexander is sorely missed. STL in my Upset Special.
Eagles at Saints: Don't underestimate the New Orleans crowd. FEMA jokes not welcome here. NO
Dolphins at Jets: It's an AFC East showdown, or at least as much of one as that division can muster. It's Joey Harrington against Chad Pennington. OooOOOooOOOooOOOoo. NYJ
Chiefs at Steelers: I don't need to pull up stats to show how bad Ben Roethlisberger has looked this season, so instead I'll pull up stats about the Pittsburgh rushing offense. The Steelers are 22nd in the league in rushing yards per game, in the middle of the league in rushing average, and near the bottom in rushing touchdowns. Roethlisberger may not be that great, but ain't nobody helping him out. KC
Chargers at 49ers: Seriously, KC should wear their old-school powder blue jerseys all the time. Their cheerleaders, however, should never again try to represent the old school. SDG
Raiders at Broncos: It's like Kasparov playing me in chess. No contest, probably ugly, and will inspire drinking. DEN
Bears at Cardinals: Last week I said that I thought Matt Leinart would be eating dirt for a while against the KC defense. I think I pre-dated my prediction a little bit. This has all the makings of a rout, and it'll be nice to see it on Monday Night Football. CHI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home