Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mostly a Note to Myself


For the longest time, I thought Kirsten hated coffee. So did she, I guess. I mean, I love the stuff and can't go more than a few hours without a sip of that ground and percolated goodness, but Kirsten...well, she likes the smell. Anyway, when we went on vacation after labor day they had a coffeemaker in the hotel room, and I made some for myself a couple of times.

Lo and behold, I discovered that Kirsten really does drink coffee. Only if it's been adulterated with milk, mind, but I think I can live with that. Kirsten calls her drink "Mexican coffee," and it's half milk, half coffee, and contains zero percent of your daily recommended intake of testosterone.

Flush with this new knowledge, Kirsten and I bought a Phillips Senseo coffeemaker (review here) a couple of weeks ago. It's that little duder that uses "coffee pods," which is basically a round teabag with coffee inside. The advantage to the Senseo coffeemaker is that you only make one cup at a time, so I don't have to wonder what do to with the other 5 cups I could get out of a regular coffee carafe, and it looks pretty freakin' sweet.

Problem is, I thought until recently that it could only operate with Senseo-brand coffee pods.

But - joy of joys! - I was wrong. Several companies make compatible-sized coffee pods that will fit into the Senseo machine. Krups, Mr. Coffee, and and Black & Decker (though apparently not DeWalt, a B&D subsidiary) all make compatible pods.

So, hooray! New flavor options for my old standby, crack. I mean coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home