Monday, June 23, 2003

As I mentioned I would in an earlier post, I now have an update on what's going on at work.

I officially have nothing to do. Zero, zilch, nada, squat. My inbox is empty, and within the vertical files that hold the prospects I would normally be calling, you will find bupkus. I'm going to go starkers if I have to spend another freaking day doing freaking nothing. Honestly, I can't surf the web for 8 hours a day without some sort of non-positive effects rearing their ugly heads. Eyestrain, carpal tunnel, and the occasional bout with fatigue are already inching into my day, and let me tell you, I do not like it.

Without reading any farther, one would be inclined to believe that this is all my doing, that I ought to ask people for more work, and you know what? One would be right. So I took it upon myself to go out and ask people for work. The result? Nobody has anything for me to do. Trust me, I asked around, and all I managed to get myself was a bit of arranging Eliot Committee meetings in various cities, but that's it, and it only lasted me about 10 minutes a day. Right now, I can't call them, becuase I've made as many attempts as I can without sounding like a whiny little troll.

So this is where I become the troll. I wish I had work. Maybe if I click my heels together enough...

"There's no work like...there's no work...I mean...shit!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home