Saturday, July 03, 2010

Like an ant, only more susceptible to RAID


I've been so busy the last several weeks at work that I'm not sure how I managed to make it through. Normally, I don't mind being busy - but when being busy means putting everything else in your life on hold, it gets draining after forty days. Now I know how Noah felt.

Except at least he was on a boat.

Biblical humor aside, part of what has so flustered me since mid-may has been the one-after-another state of things. In May, we were supposed to have a kickoff event for Opening Doors to the Future: The Scholarship Initiative for Washington University. But because we couldn't get a critical mass of attendees, we had to cancel the event - five weeks of preparation, and $700 worth of food, lost forever. But no matter - we had a twin event planned for three weeks later.

Which happened, and went well - small, relaxed, decently-attended. But those events were bracketed on one side by Reunion and Distinguished Alumni Awards in May, and Summaries and Projections at the end of June.

And I feel like I've had to choose between my job and my family every time - and every time, I've made the choice of work - which is, as we can all realize, the wrong choice. But I've made it, and I have yet to invent a time machine that doesn't go forward at regular speed; ergo, I have to live with these choices.

Thankfully, that's almost all over. The only problem is that now that the fiscal year is over, it's starting up - and I get to do this all over again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'M ON A BOOOOOOOAT! ;)

7/06/2010 05:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home