Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's Something Like a Sequel


When Kirsten and I found out she was pregnant, she asked me to give up beer - she was becoming something of a coin-o'-sewer of the stuff, and I think she knew she'd be jealous of me if I were able to continue to drink at will, and she wasn't.

So I tried to give up the sweet sweet muscle juice, I really did - but, in the end, I failed at least once or twice. I knew Kirsten wasn't a big fan of liquor drinks, so I would have a martini every now and again, and neither of us really thought much of it - at least, I hope not. She never brought it up, anyway.

But now that the baby is here, I'm able to re-start my alcoholism. So is Kirsten, come to think of it - she can have up to one beer, wine, or spirit per day.

I celebrated today by drinking an Irish coffee. But since it's made on a French press, I added some brandy to it. And since I'm using French brandy and a French press, I decided to call it a "Frirish coffee."

It'll sound better after three or four, I'm sure.

On an unrelated note, why is the Grinch's dog Max so happy? Shouldn't Max, having to deal with the Grinch all the time, be chronically depressed? Or shouldn't the Grinch want an angry dog to go with his own personality?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home