Saturday, September 26, 2009

You Know What? Kids Would Love It


So, Kirsten and I made pasta e fagioli the other day, and are still working on the leftovers - hooray for modern refrigerator techniques!

Anyway, I bring this up because our pasta e fagioli had a cheese base, instead of the traditional chicken stock or tomato paste/pasta sauce bases. Really, we made mac and cheese with beans.

And this got me thinking - shouldn't Kraft, or Velveeta, maybe consider coming out with a mac and cheese with beans recipe? I recognize it would be harder to store, because dried bean recipese tend to call for several hours of soaking to restore the little legumes to their former glory. But if, say, the beans were included in the box in a can, or some sort of pouch, couldn't it work?

I can see it now: "Kraft Mac n' Fagioli: The Beaniest!"

The magical fruit aspect, I think, would be an excellent enticement to kids to consider broadening their horizons. Plus, it would support the struggling American bean farmers (I don't know if there are any, but it seems like a good argument. If you don't support it, you're a terrorist).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Some people have issues with, uh, beans, no?
Sounds tasty though. Where's the recipe?

9/27/2009 02:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home