Monday, October 22, 2007

Back to Work


So I'm back in the office this week and being productive after 8 days on honeymoon (10 if you count the weekend).

And I have to say that I kinda missed work. In addition to being next to the gym, which is always nice, I feel like I have stuff to do and I don't just have to find ways to kill time. For example, I sent our local appointment-setter a list of professors I want to see over the next few weeks, as well as finalized plans to meet with the Dean's office about the dinner a few days ago. As far as I know, his office is happy, but I'd like to hear that direct-like.

Also, I've caught a little flak from one of my coworkers who offered some suggestions about improving the dinner next year. Ordinarily, I'd thank her: when it goes better next year, I'll look like an even cooler dude than I do already. The problem is that all of her suggestions are things we already do or that are just stupid. The worst part is that the things we already did, she was involved in. I've heard to watch out for her in the past, so I know that I can expect her to take my email response to her suggestions and twist it out of context to make me look bad, but still, it's pissing me off a little bit. If there's one thing I can't stand (there are several, I'm sure), it's backstabbers who do it for the sake of screwing other people over because they know that they've been blackballed, too.

As an aside, I've decided I'd like to become an assassin. I want to stalk and kill people only in the late afternoons, and be known as The Five O'Clock Shadow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home