Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dr. Rey is in the Cereal Aisle


So Kirsten and I found a great recipe for a scallop salad this afternoon, and I went to Whole Foods to buy the ingredients we didn't own - tarragon, grapefruit, and field greens. The scallops were from CostCo, for those wondering.

And when I got in I was absolutely astounded. When did the organic granola crowd in the midwest start including such incredibly stunning women? Don't count Natalie Portman (she's from Jerusalem) or Pam Anderson (she's not fully human anymore). I cannot recall the last time I saw such pretty people shopping at a place that sells guaranteed grass-fed Limburger cheese.

Sub-point: It is illegal to make Limburger cheese in Wisconsin without a master cheesemaker certification (nearly word-for-word from Wikipedia). I have no idea why, although the odor of dead thing might be partly responsible for this rule.

As a corollary to the ability of organic foods to attract pretty women, I noticed that the store was jam-packed with people. It was actually tough to move around without elbowing some poor old granny (I failed). I'm wondering if those two things are connected. Pretty girls start shopping at this place, and creepy guys like me hear about it. So they shop there too, to spend an extra 15 minutes within 100 yards of attractive women.

Me, though? I was just there for the herbs. I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home