Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Support Our Toorps


Some of you may have seen this already, but for those who haven't - it's a report compiled on 8 test meals-ready-to-eat (MREs) which are basically crap in a bag. Our military feeds that crap to soldiers at times when they can't find a chow hall (like, say, when you're stuck in the sand and are craving spaghetti).

This review requested that soldiers comment on the meals. And they did. Here are some of the classsics:
"Again, I would love to heat my coffee but, lack the heat (and beverage bag) to do so, I therefore , ate the classic coffee dry and nearly died doing so."
"The cabbage tasted like unspiced marinara."
"Pound cake tastes like cheap perfume."
"1. There was no beverage bag 2. I am not full."
"Beverage bag. Want a." (Apparently Yoda signed on recently)
"I believe it was the dinner meal that caused this (chicken and dumplings) but, it sounded like a flatulence sympony in my tent all night."
"Jambalaya and chuck need to be friends."
"Put ranch dressing on everything!" (This young man is from the south, I just know it).
"Not enough food."
"Not enough food."
"Meal could use a side dish - not enough." (You can see that this was repeated frequently - do planners not understand that a guy running around with 60 pounds of battle rattle and a big freaking gun might be hungry at the end of the day?)
"You must always have spread for the crackers if not anger is the result."
"Need hot beverage bag."
"Why is there coffee & no hot beverage bag? Most people like coffee hot."
"No beverage bag. It needs one." (again, a frequently repeated complaint. Apparently the military was kind enough to include tea and coffee, but no way to heat it and no container to mix it in).
"The vanilla pudding was so good that I ripped it open. Licked the inside and rolled around on top of it like a dog." (The pudding was a huge hit in every meal, when it was included).
"I ate the tea dry."
"Maybe the name 'Chicken loaf' scares me."
"Oh my God what were you thinking! Why stuffed cabbage wow it was horrible I wanted to die....even POW's deserve better."
"This was a rough meal. Don't make it look like flat poop."
"The name should be fiesta breakfast party. That would be funny."
"Did not get to try. Meal got taken."
"The granola mix was fucking out standing....the enchilada was a gift that keeps on given, OK taste, heartburn, indigestion & large amounts of gas."

2 Comments:

Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

I ask you...what are "toorps"?

8/23/2007 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Most of those "support our troops" bumper stickers that showed up in 2003 and 2004 were actually made in China. I saw a bundle at a yard sale that read "Support our Toorps."

8/26/2007 11:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home