Friday, August 04, 2006

How to Be a Superhero


So I've been catching snippets of the new Sci-Fi network show Who Wants to Be a Superhero?, and I have to admit that it's kind of fun. It's this campy, goofball show where 12 normal people (and by "normal" I mean "really dorky") give themselves costumes, superpowers, and secret identities and compete in challenges against one another to see who's the greatest superhero of them all. At the end of every episode, Stan Lee weighs and measures each hero, and figures who is found wanting.

It's really awful, and a lot of fun.

Here's the thing: I have a new favorite superhero, and it's not Wolverine or Jean Gray's bra. It's Major Victory, a guy who knows exactly how goofy the show is. Everything he does is over-the-top. Every way he acts is goofy. And he's well-groomed.

I desperately hope he wins. Is this wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home