Sunday, September 21, 2003

Not to be outdone by Chris, I'm posting MY picks for wins in this week's NFL games. Keep in mind I'm still riding the high of the Marshall win over K-State (haha!), so this may or may not make any sense at all. Even worse, I'm going to attempt to predict the scores!

-Jets at Patriots: I had originally chosen the Patriots in this game, but with Colvin out, I don't think so. This is a huge game for the Jets, and even Vinny can't underthrow receivers three weeks in a row. Jets 17, Patriots 10

-Chiefs at Texans: How is this even a contest? I predict that Priest Holmes will be getting a well-deserved rest by the third quarter.Chiefs 38, Texans 21

-Buccaneers at Falcons: Doug Johnson is not Michael Vick. Buccaneers 20, Falcons 10

-Steelers at Bengals: Ony 1 of 8 ESPN personalities picked the Bengals to win this game. I might have agreed with the majority if I weren't a Bengals fan. But I am. As a side note, God wills Jon Kitna to thrown an drive-killing interception, but this one ISN'T returned for a TD. Bengals 27, Steelers 24.

-Vikings at Lions: Again, no contest. I don't care how good a coach Mooch is, this is a team that does not do well without James Stewart. Olandis Gary is good, but still...Vikes 35, Detroit 20

-Saints at Titans: Somebody should tell Aaron Brooks that it's not December yet, so he doesn't have to choke. But they won't. Combine that with the fact that Steve McNair is as iron a man as he can be, and the winner is clear. Titans 20, Saints 7

-Jaguars at Colts: I like Jack Del Rio. I really do. But I also know that he's probably going to start Mark Brunell again. Indianapolis 31, Jaguars 7.

-Rams at Seahawks: This one? A squeaker. Too coaches who are too headstrong for their own good, who have no idea how to draft, combined with two quarterbacks who were inserted into the starting lineup late last year, combined with two running backs who are both very, very good. But I like the Rams. Rams 23, Seahawks 20

-Giants at Redskins: Steve Spurrier? Still a dick. Giants 34, Redskins 14.

-Packers at Cardinals: Everyone's picking the Cardinals here, so it's not really an upset special. More of an upset 99¢ item. Hundreds of fans in Tempe will see this game! At the game!Cardinals 30, Packers 10

-Ravens at Chargers: David Boston is a headache. But so is Kyle Boller. And I get the feeling that Jamal Lewis is going to be in too much of a post-295 aether to get anything done at all. Chargers 28, Ravens 17

-Browns at 49ers: The only reason I care about this game is because Browns LB Andra Davis is on my fantasy team. So I hope the 49ers offense is on the field for, oh, 55 minutes or so. 49ers 55, Browns 10

-Bills at Dolphins: Sam Madison? Brock Marion? It doesn't matter who was the talker and who was the spitee. Dave Wannstedt loses his job at the end of this season, partly because the Bills take a 3-0 today. Bills 27, Dolphins 6

-Raiders at Broncos: I think Jake Plummer has proven to all of us that he can't play in any time zone. Why he's still in the NFL, I do not know.Raiders 35, Broncos 0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home