Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Global Credit Crunch, Now with Less Fat!


One of the downsides to switching to public transit as my method for getting to work has been that I no longer have the lunching options I used to - where I could once trek to Olive Garden, or Jack in the Box, I'm now slightly more restricted. Today, my options tend to be along the lines of Subway, Crazy Bowls, or Imo's "pizza."

And, honestly, all of this dining out, I've realized, is quite expensive. If you figure on spending 6 dollars per day for lunch while at work, that comes out to 30 bucks a week. Assuming 22 work days per month, that's 132 dollars that I won't get back.

And with the global financial markets in top form (and by top form I mean incredible meltdown and worldwide panic), I'd like to spend as little money as possible. After all, I have to start saving up for canned hams and bullets and some sort of home laser defense system.

The end result is that I took a run to Dierbergs last monday. After spending maybe 20 dollars, I now have an office stocked with bread, Easy Mac, Pringles, captain's wafers (you know, those little cheese-filled crackers?) and several cans of fruit. Down the hall in the office fridge one could find, were one so inclined, lunchmeat and cheese.

It's just like when Mom used to make lunch for me as a kid. The only difference is that now I have a place to put my lunch where Nick Harmon, who used to steal my food, can't get it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's an Olive Garden around here somewhere? I had no idea...

10/07/2008 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

There are many, many olive gardens. I would say that we have a plethora of Olive Gardens.

10/08/2008 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home