Monday, May 19, 2008

Stylin' and Profilin'


So I just left the Staff Day luncheon here on campus, and ran into Cecily while I was there. She was wearing a Yale shirt - a reminder, dear reader(s): we do not work at Yale. Nor do we work at Brown, which probably wishes it were Yale almost as much as it wishes it were Harvard. I gave her an earful, she gave me the finger. All in all, a very productive discussion.

Anyway, yesterday the wife and I were watching The Soup, and Joel McHale was wearing a thin blue tie. I pointed it out, and said, "Apparently, they're back in fashion."

Kirsten, without even looking at me, said, "You're too short."

Not, "It's a fad this time, too."

Not, "I don't like them."

Just, "You're too short."

On the flipside, a barista at Starbucks this morning was wearing a Utilikilt, which I'm proud to say I have no interest in trying, regardless of how enduring a fashion they are.

1 Comments:

Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

In my defense, I hadn't done laundry in over a month, and it was the only clean tshirt I had!

5/20/2008 06:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home