Thursday, May 01, 2008

It's Like They Have Alzheimers


I'm not entirely sure why anyone is surprised by the news that came out today that the Chinese have built a nuclear submarine base on Hainan Island. The facility has been a naval base for the Chinese for years - they've even berthed vessels there in plain view of Google Earth (and I've posted one on this forum).

But here's the thing: I can see at least a dozen tunnels on Google Earth, and I don't know how old the image is, but it's at least several months old. Why is this sort of thing a surprise to anyone?

Heck, this story actually broke back in 2006.

I'm guessing that the CIA and Pentagon intelligence have actually known about the site for far longer than that. But a note to the Daily Telegraph: if it's on Google Earth, it's not really a secret to anyone anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home