Thursday, December 07, 2006

Whoops


Forgot to post my pick for tonight's game.

Counts as a loss, that does. And I'm a dummy.

In other news, West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez is thisclose to accepting a 2-million-dollar-per-year offer from Alabama to coach their football team. Let me remind you that just last week he said he wanted to finish his coaching career at West Virginia University.

Let me just say that if he accepts, fuck him. Fuck him in his stupid nostrils. I'm not a big fan of coaches who say one thing and do another anyway, because it sends the message to his players that they are far less important to him, and personal honor is far less important to him, than a few extra dollars. Further, his contract isn't up yet, so he lets them know that contracts, and once again personal honor, are violable whenever a better offer comes along and your new employer is willing to pay your old employer to steal you away.

All of these are the wrong signals to send, and all of these re-inforce a team's players' preconceived notions of "it's OK to get mine"-type selfishness that already permeates professional sports. That selfishness creates guys like Terrell Owens and lets them flourish, and reinforces the public's preconceived notions of same.

So, once again: Rich Rodriguez, if you accept this offer, fuck you. And the horse you rode in on. If you take this offer, I hope your coaching career stagnates. I hope your teams fail. I hope everything in your life turns to shit. Just like I wish that for every other coach who sends this petty, self-serving message to his team, his employer, and his fans.

Dick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home