Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It's been a while
So I thought I'd post something substantive.

Shocking, isn't it?

Last night Kirsten and I went out to go see "The Hitch Hiker's Guide To the Galaxy," but we'll get to that later. First, I'd like to point out how much I like polo shirts on girls.

Great stuff. Seriously. I bought Kirsten this cute little 10-dollar number at Aeropostale (side note: This is the only time I've bought anything from Aeropostale) and I'm madly in love with it. Or perhaps the idea of it.

Some time ago I made a comment that I saw a shirt in the juniors' section of Famous Barr that read "Not everything is flat in Kansas!" and I registered my presumed disgust for it. So what is it about shirts with collars and, generally, deepish v-necks that isn't so bad? Perhaps it's that I don't like it when someone brags about their own body - and a girl who I don't know proclaiming proudly that her breasts are like mountains probably qualifies.

Or perhaps it's just that I have a thing for women who wear sexed-up versions of menswear. That could be it, too.

On to the movie - it was pretty good, and I'm quite impressed that there's still a studio out there that's willing to put out a major motion picture using actors in funny suits, rather than CGI characters (The Vogons were foam-rubber puppet suits). That, and any movie with Warwick Davis in it should at least get serious consideration.

Perhaps it's that I haven't read any of the books, but I don't understand a lot of the complaints that reviewers have been giving this movie. The only downside I saw was the soundtrack, which was a bit on the happy side, all other things being equal. I'm not saying it should have been super-depressing, but maybe just a sense of general melancholy every now and then would have evened it out a bit.

That said, I can wholeheartedly recommend this movie. Plus, you'll all recognize President Beeblebrox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home