Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Crap! Three weeks?
That's right...that's almost how long it's been since I updated my blog. Terrible soryr, I am, but I've been pretty busy lately. Too busy to post, in fact. That's right. Live with it.

That being said, I promise a longer post tomorrow, but for right now I'd like to gripe.

My new office does not have a bulletin board, and I'd very much like to hang up my detritus, rather than storing it in a box top on my heater. So I ordered this bulletin board through our office supply vendor, and it came in yesterday.

Problem is, it's one of those screw-mount types, replete with the expanding wall mounters (you know the ones I'm talking about), and my office hasn't got any holes in the wall. Shame, really, but that's the problem with not having termites.

And I don't own a drill. Well, not a real one, anyway. So I went to Home Depot today looking to buy what's alternately called a Yankee Drill (incorrect name) or Push Drill (incorrect name). Officially, this device is called a Yankee-style Push Drill (haha!), and it works by putting pressure on the rear of the drill, which spins gears, which rotate a bit, which puts a hole in something. It's a nifty toy, really, and I've used one many times since my lad-hood days. Bonus feature: They usually come with four bits, but have space for eight. Nice feature guaranteed to have people coming back.

Problem is, nobody sells one. Neither Home Depot nor Lowe's can be bothered to sell any tool which is not powered by something other than your own hands. Eighty bajillion square feet of tools and lumber and they can't sell something the size of a tube of toothpaste? That's like Rite-Aid not selling aspirin.

I've managed to find several on eBay, and that may be where I end up getting this thing. I'm kind of peeved, because I simply shouldn't have to work this hard. Not for something work-related, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home