Wednesday, July 14, 2004

You know, I don't think I care anymore
There's something about "rocker" Courtney Love that bothers me. I'm not sure quite what it is; maybe it's the fact that she's only famous because her famous husband splattered his brains across his dining room wall. Maybe it's the fact that rather than help her famous husband out of his drug-addled suicidal fantasies, she toured the week after he tried to kill himself in Milan. And then she was touring again when he actually did kill himself, and she didn't notice for three days. I know being a B-list rock star is hard work, but would it kill you to call home every three days or so?

Whoops - poor choice of words. Don't I feel like a pellet-ridden skull...

Aw, there I go again.

Maybe it's the fact that her band and music aren't really either.

Or maybe it's the fact that I'm completely tired of her and her nonsensical lifestyle.

A lot of people complain on a regular basis, and sometimes rightly so, that celebrities get favorable treatment in the court system, that they can do whatever they want and get little more than a slap on the wrist, and that repeat offenses aren't held against them. Now, I mentioned that such griping is really only correct sometimes. But in Courtney Love's case, it's right on the nose.

I mean, seriously. She's missed court dates on both coasts. She was in New York on the date she was supposed to be in LA, she was in LA the date she was supposed to be in New York. Could she not just pick a side and stay there? At least she'd make it to half of her scheduled appearances.

She's been in rehab almost a dozen times since Kurt Cobain redecorated his house. And she still has custody of her child? I know that Social Services sometimes has a bit of a backlog, but I would think that heroin addiction is a good reason to speed things up a bit. I don't see why doing the paperwork in five years rather than ten is unreasonable.

Her "music" is...well...Yoko Ono has a disciple. A loud, screechy disciple. Sort of like a banshee with bad lipstick. Only more dead-looking.

And now Courtney Love, bless her idiotic heart, is in "an institution" and has a legal guardian of her own. That's nice. You know, it's good to see that she's getting the help she needs. Only took TEN FREAKING YEARS.

Now, if only the Queer Eye guys could track her down, she'll be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home