Monday, February 09, 2004

Reason number 842 not to audit a guy with a gun
Police in the Dominican Republic are looking for a pitcher from the Milwaukee Brewers' staff who, it is believed, is the man who shot a Dominican Internal Revenue Service agent in the chest and leg. They don't have a motive, but I've got a few guesses...most of them, hard as it may be to believe, are based on the fact that the victim was an agent in the IRS.

I know, I know - that's a real stretch, isn't it? I mean, who would shoot a guy in the IRS?

There's an interesting blurb in the story on ESPN regarding the shooting, though...one that I found more enticing to write about than just "athlete commits crime." Read it for yourself:
"The left-hander broke into the major leagues last season with Milwaukee, going 0-3 with a 9.92 ERA."

Now, it may just be me, but I've never really thought of a guy going 0-fer with an ERA around 10 as being a player who's broken into the majors. That's really more of a "tried and failed" line than anything else. I mean, I think I could lose three decisions in the majors. Heck, anyone could.

(read the ESPN story here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home