Thursday, July 10, 2003

Hoooooo, doggy! I've got work to do!

Some of the directors are starting to come back from their annual vacations between fiscal years, and have started giving me some names of some folks to call. Some. This is nice. No longer do I have to sit and make up work to do (like redesigning spreadsheets that, frankly, worked just fine). I actually get to make phone calls and everything!

I realize how sad that sounds, yes. But come on. I was sick of being bored. When I took this job, and really for the first few months, I thought that I was going to get sick of being nothing more than a glorified whelp for the department, but now I see that even that is vastly superior to doing NOTHING all day. It reminds me a lot of my summer vacations when I was a kid. They were nice, and all, and it was great to be away from school, but still. By the middle of August every year, I was actually looking forward to gettin' edumacated.

That said, I should probably get back to doing some calling. That *is* my job and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home