Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Must be an Idiot, but Now I Want a Slice


So, this poor talk show host in Australia tries a joke out on His Holiness the Dalai Lama.


Firstly, why was the Dalai Lama, the holiest man in yellow-cap Buddhism, on the Australian version of Good Day LA? Secondly, why is the host not as good a sport as the guy getting made fun of?

Thirdly, was Bill Murray there to claim his eternal happiness?

For you nonvideo watchers, the actual version of the joke goes as such:
"The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop, and asks the clerk, 'can you make me one with everything?' *beat*
The total is $15, and the Dalai Lama pays with a twenty. He asks for his change back, and the clerk responds, 'Change must come from within.'"

So, there's really two jokes there. Problem is, I only ever got the second one. It took me until about 30 seconds ago to get the "one with everything" line.

But, truthfully, the Australian TV version is much better. And because he apparently had a hard time with the whole concept of pizza, now I would like to issue an open invitation to His Holiness Tenzen Gyatso, the Forteenth Dalai Lama, to join me for a slice of Pi pizza (with his choice of toppings), at his leisure. Knowledge brings enlightenment, after all.

It's on the Internet, so surely he will see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home