Monday, June 01, 2009

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Sunset


Kirsten and I are sitting in Palm Beach International Airport (built 1988) right now waiting for our flight to Atlanta, which will eventually connect us to St. Louis. We've been in Palm Beach over the weekend for a good friend's wedding, and are about to head home.

I take that back. "About" is a very loose term, so I'll attempt to define it here: We are going to head home at 4:44 PM. It is currently not quite 3:00. Why at the airport so early, you ask? It might have something to do with our hotel's 10:00 AM checkout time.

That's right.

10:00 AM. Like, in the morning.

Which meant we had 6 hours to kill between checkout and flight departure. Palm Beach is many things, but great for people who aren't going into the ocean, it ain't.

At least the airport has free wireless, though, which is more than can be said for the airport in Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson, for those keeping tabs). There, internet access is $7.95 a day, which translates to, roughly, $240 per month. That's about what you might pay for unlimited access if you were, say, a University, or top-secret bioterror research facility.

But for wireless? Bitch, please. I might as well just buy a Kindle, or something a lot like it.

Back on less whiny ground, Karen's wedding was wonderful, and I think I'm going to like her husband Adam. At first, he confused me - at my own wedding, he spent much of the unscripted time checking his Blackberry. I think I understand, though, as I sit in an airport waiting area, here before the gate crew, checking my email because, quite frankly, I have no idea what else to do with myself.

Worse yet, my wife just signed off of Facebook and I can't FB message her. Now what do I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home