Friday, June 09, 2006

This is Why We Have Sports


So I'm trolling around the internet, looking for a Wales soccer jersey or jacket (you know, those thin spring-weather jackets with a country name on the back? Technically called a "track jacket" by those in the know, though why I haven't got a clue). See, thing is, I'm part Welsh, and since I enjoy looking through my family lineage, I figured I should buy some sort of clothing or logotype that really displays my family heritage. Why I don't have a kilt yet is a topic for another day. Actually, no, I'll tell you today: a good kilt will set me back 300 dollars. Soccer jerseys are like 25 bucks. So there you go.

Anyway, I wound up at Amazon.com. At this point it's worth noting that this particular country/region/nation/group of self-hating peat farmers hasn't got a track jacket or jersey for sale that doesn't include a picture of Tom Jones on it somewhere.

And then I found this:
Link for jockstrap-related reasons. Warning: Do not click unless you like seeing mannequin junk.

I think perhaps the World Cup merchandise craze has gotten out of hand. Thongs I can handle (because there's nothing sexier than a girl in Costa Rica panties, I always say). But a Holland jockstrap? What's next, a Trinidad bidet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home