Monday, January 09, 2006

Shameless Gloating


I recently found a pretty good page of Google hacks, little toys that use Google to do neat things.

One of them is a page ranker - it takes a phrase that you type in, and the website on which that page is found, and determines the Google score of that particular page based on that particular search criterion.

Here's the link.

For example, let's say I want to know how AOL.com ranks if I search for the word "mail." I fill in the form, and I get a return that AOL.com is the number 24 website, according to Google, that contains the word "mail." The number one, by the way, is Mail.com.

Using that hack, I learned that if you go to Google and type in the words "baseless opinions," I'm number 1. That's right - nobody, but nobody, operates in the total absence of facts as well as I do.

So there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a dick.

1/17/2006 06:05:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I much prefer Christopher's post to anonymous.

1/18/2006 08:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home