Friday, June 16, 2006

Dammit!


So, Kirsten and I rented Say Anything through Netflix this week, and we're watching it tonight. More accurately, she's watching it and I'm checking in here and there.

Here's my problem: it's funny.

Not Ice Pirates funny, but that kind of girly goof humor that pops up in shows like Gilmore Girls. You know, intelligent ratatat dialogue and the occasional prat fall. That sort of thing.

And so, this humor is a problem for me precisely because I connect it with shows like Gilmore Girls. The thing is, I can't help but laugh at the parts that do have a modicum of amusement built in, and that takes away from my manliness. Sort of the same way that announcing to the world that I don't like Home Depot, football, or breasts would be.

For the record, I like all three (well, four) of those things. So don't start.

But I feel like I have to defend my manhood against all comers merely because I find this sort of stuff funny. I mean, I'm admittedly putting this stuff on the internets for the world to see, which of course opens me up to ridicule, but still...I think I should set the record straight. You know - in case anyone sees me chuckling at Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel's witty repartee when I think nobody's looking.

EDIT: Programming note: there are actually 37 results that Google pulls up containing "Ice Pirates," "Gilmore Girls," and "Say Anything." There are, however, none on Google blogsearch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home