Thursday, August 04, 2005

Money to Blow
Not really, but I just thought I'd throw this out there.

For those who may not recall, this is what my car looks like today, minus the bland warehouse backdrop. It's a fine car, orders of magnitude better than my old one (artist rendering). But it's a Hyundai, and I have to admit it's a bit bland. I played that McDonald's Monopoly game religiously for several years, especially right after I got my old Toyota, because I knew precisely how I'd spend that first 50,000 dollar check - repainting the Frau Farbissina. And redoing the engine. And getting chrome rims and low-profile tires, a body kit - basically, the works.

You see all sorts of modified Toyotas out there, but not so many modified Hyundais, except the Tiburon. Unsure why that is, other than that the Elantra GLS does look a little pedestrian (click up there again and picture that car with a little old lady inside. No, not the flattened car, the other one. Smartass).

But, as it turns out, some enterprising souls DO sell body kits for the 01-04 Hyundai Elantra design series. Check it out:

There's Astrel, a simple look, that just gussies up the car a little.

There's this one the Junbug EVO III kit, with the addition of racing wheels. I think the spoiler is an exceptionally nice touch. Notice that they left the stock grille, though. Tsk, tsk. Everyone knows you really want a billet grille and "Lambo Doors". Duh.

Then there're these kits. I'm exceptionally fond of the GT Tech XD2 kit.

Or, you could just Make your own grille and go stock the rest of the way.

Want to replace the decorative vents on the bumper with something useful? How about some fog lights?

All of these parts flying around the internet raise two questions. Firstly, why are people willing to spend 5 grand on a car that'll only set you back 15 grand to start? Wouldn't it be easier to, I don't know, buy a nicer car in the first place? Maybe a used BMW?

Secondly, do you think my student loan company will notice if I skip a few payments for those kickass lifting doors?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home