Saturday, November 12, 2005

Application of Knowledge


You know, I never thought I'd actually learn any of the css stuff I learned in my Web Design class when I took it - it was really just to learn how to adjust the margins on this blog, and earn myself a few credit hours at Washington University's expense.

Then a few months ago I got tabbed to do the website maintenance for the Eliot Society here at Washington University.

I don't mean for that to sound like I'm bragging, it's just that this is actually the first time I have ever applied something I learned in school to my job.

Neat, huh?

On to the picks...where it's obvious I have no knowledge to apply.

Arizona at Detroit: Good God, who cares? And why did I put this at the top of the list? DET
Baltimore at Jacksonville: The Baltimore Ravens are about as threatening as a goosedown pillow. JAX
Houston at Indianapolis: For any team other than the Texans, this would be considered a trap game for the Colts. But considering who it is, it's more of a tuneup for their upcoming game against Cleveland St. Ignatius. IND
Kansas City at Buffalo: Is Kelly Holcomb the answer? No, but the snow is. BUF
Minnesota at New York Giants: For those of us who remember the 2000 NFC Championship game. NYG
New England at Miami: Did you know that the Patriots have been a .500 team or better since Week 9 of the 2000 season? Creepy, huh? Well, it doesn't end here. NE
San Francisco at Chicago: This is football the way NASA is thrifty. CHI
Denver at Oakland: Don't look now, but the Broncos are still in the driver's seat in the AFC West. DEN
New York Jets at Carolina: Not a good time for Brooks Bollinger to continue his development as a quarterback. Or anything besides a ham sandwich, really. CAR
Green Bay at Atlanta: Since they were created in 1966, the Atlanta Falcons never had back-to-back winning seasons. Not once. However, if they win this game, they are but 2 wins away (with 7 games to play) from exorcising that demon. ATL
St. Louis at Seattle: The Rams have shown real improvement under interim coach Joe Vitt (who will be fulltime head coach next year, no doubt about it). The Seahawks, though, are just plain better. SEA
Washington at Tampa Bay: Yeah, like John Gruden is going to let his team lose three in a row. He probably has his Chucky overalls and bloody knife hanging in a locker for the world to see. TB
Cleveland at Pittsburgh: Can Pittsburgh backup starter Charlie Batch win two in a row? Sure, why not? They're playing the freaking Browns. PIT
Dallas at Philadelphia: Game I Could Care Less About of the Week. DAL, I guess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/12/2005 08:23:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's weird. I don't know you at all; at least, I don't think I do. But your posts remind me of a Brian I do know who lives in Nashville, Tenn. The way I got connected to this blog was because you found a story I wrote for an east tenn. newspaper about a ku klux klan rally here where a guy accidentally shot a fellow klansman. You made a comment about it, and so I started reading your blog. Do we know each other? Or am I just wanting a connection to exist here that doesn't? You live in St. Louis?

11/18/2005 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I do live in STL, yes. I don't live in Nashville, sorry. I have a few cohorts from high school, there.

11/22/2005 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

And, apparently, I overuse, commas,.

11/23/2005 08:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home