Saturday, May 24, 2003

Alright, I guess the first thing I want to say is that I am not a huge fan of the word, "blog." I've expressed this opinion before, and I'm sure that some of you know everything that I'm going to say on the subject. The following rant is to humor those who don't.

A blog sounds like something you pull out of your nose, or your ear, or somewhere else (if you make a habit of picking any of those). It just sounds wrong. I know, I know, it's a hip simplification of a word, created by the net-savvy to maximize the speed with which they can communicate, or some such nonsense. But seriously: "weblog," the word from whence "blog" came, is only two more letters. I highly doubt that your average h@[|<3r (yeah, you know how I like that k) can really increase the speed with which he chats with his buddies by very much merely by subtracting two letters.

Perhaps it sounds cooler, I don't know. I guess that "blog" isn't a word you'll forget any time in the near future. But then, how many of you have forgotten the more mundane words "air," "chant," or "ointment?" I don't think I've ever been talking to anyone and failed to use any of those words correctly.

Then again, in keeping with the theme of this "blog" *shudder*, maybe I've just stuck one too many forks in a wall socket to form a coherent thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home